Wednesday, November 9, 2011
"I Fought For You"
Don't forget what this holiday is for.
It's not for golfing.
Or shopping at the Mega-mall.
It's for remembrance.
They fought for us.
And they'd do it again.
Show them you love them with deeds, not words.
Dedicated to the Mr, my All-American 82nd, whom I'll love til my dying breath.
To my uncles who fought in the Pacific theater.
To my great grandfather who thought the Germans weren't nearly as scary as his dad and enlisted at 16.
To my "other Papaw" who gave all in Korea.
To my dad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow. I shared that one, after crying my way through it. :) My grandfather, who just died at 87 in August, enlisted at 19, fought in the Asiatic Pacific Theater, earned an Army Commendation Medal with one battle star, among others. Then when he got out, he went into the Army National Guard full time for the next 4 decades, finishing his career with a 5 year Pentagon tour.
Not to mention my dad (Army), both brothers (Army), sister (AF), cousin (AF), uncle (ANG), great-uncle (Army, WW2), B-I-L (Navy Lt-Commander) and F-I-L (Navy). We're a proud military family on both sides.
Thanks for posting, and please extend much thanks to your husband for his service too.
Thank-you for the reminder. We people can be very forgetful. BTW, I like the new look!
My Dad was a Korean War Vet....he's been gone from us for several years but he's always remembered, especially on Veterans Day.
Your recognition of ALL who give, and gave,so that we may have.....beautiful.
THANKS!
Thanks for your comments. They made me cry, all of them :)
Post a Comment