Tuesday, November 8, 2011
For Daddy
I was watching Veterans Day youtube videos early this morning when Isaac came toddling down the stairs, still half asleep.
"Watcha doin, Mama?"
"Watching Army videos" I said.
... He watched for a minute and then said:
"You know, Daddy was in the Army. Did he do stuff like that?"
"Yep," says I. "Daddy jumped out of airplanes to help people."
"Good airplanes?" he asked. " Not ones that were crashing?"
"Just the good ones," I replied.
Isaac was quiet, just for a second and then said:
"Daddy's awesome, you know."
I know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hi Andrea,
Thanks for sharing that!
Its so nice when we can respect our husbands, it makes me at least feel secure that I share my life and my world with my man who is honorable.
It's so funny...some of the most beautiful, poingnant moments of my life have happened before 6am. Especially with Isaac :)
It took me a long time to be able to separate military and government from our crappy political system. Once I could separate them, it really opened my eyes to how awesome our military and government really is. It's the stupid politics (and politicians) that really tarnish a beautiful thing.
I love that little boy.
Suz
Sometimes Isaac just has a way with words, doesn't he?
I got all tearful at your post...When our pastor asked for veterans to stand up on Sunday and my hubs did..well I just about bust with pride for his service to our country. So I can relate.
Hallo,
that was a nice post!
Have you heard this song?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hR6O7VxKaQ
Wives of British soldiers are singing it in honour of their husbands.
Post a Comment