Friday, September 2, 2011

The Visitor

It's early Friday morning and both kids are home today.
Fevers.  100-102 degrees, respectively.
At least we can knock it out of them over the long weekend.
(Update: + results for strep throat)

This morning, we woke up to find another little visitor on the deck.
We've had quite a few visitors in the past couple of months.
Victims of the recession, I imagine.


Mara sat in that same spot for half an hour talking to the cat.


"Mommy, I think this cat has fleas.  Can we keep him?"
(Emphatic) "Noooo."

And totally off topic, before I go start on red pepper relish,
please remember my BFF's Grandma R in your prayers.
At a youthful 86, she was helping prepare traditional German food for a festival this weekend when she fainted and stopped breathing.  After being resusitated by a family member, she was admitted to the hospital and is still there this morning.

 Lift her up, friends. 

Have a great Labor Day weekend!  

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks friend. Love you. Suz

Andrea said...

(((((Suz & Grandma)))))

Jan said...

Hope the babies feel better soon.
Sorry it has been so long not talking but we have been moving and trying to get fence up. We bought 27 acres in hopes to live ooff the land easier. Hope to hear from you soon.

Andrea said...

Oh Jan-
Fill me in! 27 acres sounds wonderful!

Jan said...

27 acres, a barn, stocked fish pond, all 28 chickens running free, garage, great home, storm and food cellar!!!! HAd to leave my fruit trees but gained grape vines and plum trees and put up grape juice yesterday.

farmgal said...

Hi Andrea,

Will put Grandma in prayers and I know what you mean about the kitty's, I have had a number of new drop off's this year as well..

Of course the problem for me is that I don't say no, I won't let a kitty go hunrgy on the farm, and once they find the always full kitty feeding stations and the water pans, plus the built just for them kitty straw bed wall with hiding holes and sleeping spots.. they settle right in, if they are the least bit friendly, I will trap, treat and try and find a new home for them, its the wild ones that are the real issue, they are shadow cats, I can trap and revolution them but the local vets won't alter wild cats, they will put them down but not fix them, and the local humane will take them for a fee and then put them down, if they are wild, they don't make it past the screening room.

Thankfully most of the drop off's are in fact super friendly and can be rehomed.

farmgal said...

Sorry, bad Farmgal, hope the little ones feel better soon.

Sounds great Jan, I was putting up grape juice yesterday as well :)

Andrea said...

Jan-
I will not covet.
I will not covet.
I will not covet.
I will not covet.

LOL...that sounds amazing! Are you still in the same area?

Farmgal-
We've had a bunch of strays here in the past couple of months. A German Shepherd pup, a Beagle-Wienie dog hybrid, a couple of cats. But I can say no...I'm just not ready to commit to a pet yet.