After working in the garden a few days ago, Mara sat down at the supper table to color before lunch. She was in deep concentration when she whipped her head up and says:
"When I get to Paradise, I won't know who God is."
Me: What???
"How will I know who God is? I don't know what He looks like."
I told her I didn't think she'd have trouble recognizing God; that God is bright and radiant and His face will light the place up. I told her how Moses had only seen God's backside and that it was so awesome that it turned his hair white and he glowed like a light bulb for days!
"Okay," she says, "I'm going there. When I'm an adult."
---------------------------------------------------------------
"Mommy, what's a soul?"
It's the part of you that lives forever and goes to Heaven when you die. Your body gets buried and your soul goes to be with God.
"I don't want to be buried! What if Jesus can't find me?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"Mommy, did God make bones? Grown up bones and little girl bones?"
Yes, he made bones. He made everything.
"How? How did he make bones?"
He just spoke the word.
"What word?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"When I go to Heaven, I'm taking apples."
Me-Why are you taking apples to Heaven?
"To feed the horses. Do they give free pony rides in Heaven?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Mommy, does Grandma have to wait in line to see God?"
I don't think there are in lines in Heaven. That would be too much like going to the BMV.
3 comments:
Children are so precious, aren't they? The way they see the world, the way they DESCRIBE the world is so simplistic ...and yet so profound.
I have trouble sometimes remembering all the details of a conversation I might have had last week or last year ...but I can remember every word of little conversations like these I had with my own children when they growing up. A mother's treasure hold of memories.
My oldest son asked me "Does God have feet?" I almost drove off the road and choked on my coffee! I asked him "Why wouldn't He?" He replied..."I just think they would get in the way of stuff like clouds!" Gotta love kids...especially ones that think God's feet are really Big!
LOL, Andrea- so precious and heart warming to know the children are talking about God with you. And you know they're telling their friends, coming up with the same questions, so His Word is getting out regardless what PC groups say.
Praise God for the blessing of little feet- or big ones, in God's case.
Shy III
Post a Comment