Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Where Do We Go From Here?

A couple of you commented on the fact that the phrase 'The End?' showed up in various links around the internet and questioned me about what it meant.  My husband included.  I briefly posted 'The End?' and was encouraged to remove it by the Mr. as well as a couple other people.  Now I feel like I have some 'splaining' to do.

Yes, I considered ending my stint as a blogger.  Sometimes I don't feel like I really have much to contribute to the blogosphere.  Like I can't say anything that hasn't already been said.  Like my life is really pretty boring and my message, maybe a little repetitive.  Like I spent so much time censoring myself that I wasn't really saying what I wanted to say.  So I posted as much...it's that whole 'transparency in blogging' thing that I've talked about before.      

And then the comments started coming in.

Emails.

Encouragement.

Apparently, my life and times are more interesting and pertinent than I realized. 

Apparently, what I say is meaningful and impacts people more than I know.

Apparently, blogging is an outlet that serves not only me, but others as well.

Who'da thunk it?

I'm going to continue blogging.  On my own terms.  About things that are important to me; preparedness, food, faith, gardening, family. 

*Fair Warning* You may have to endure endless pictures of the cutenesses that are my children.  And you'll have to accept me saying over and over and over again: GET READY, for this world and the next!  You may have to walk with me through heartache and unspeakable joy.  And you may have to tolerate my opinion that the only things we have to fear are bad seeds and bad governments.  Consider yourself warned : )    

Thanks to you who expressed interest and encouragement.

I appreciate you more than you know. 



 

  

 

13 comments:

Tancy said...

I read "The End" in my reader and told my husband. His comment was "she probably just needs some encouragement". He knows how I get every now and then. I haven't blogged as long as you also! I'm happy you are gonna keep at it (I enjoy reading it) and please don't feel pressure to blog to someone else's tune. Maybe you just need a little break.

suek said...

I second the break-time, if you need it.
Life gets pretty overwhelming at times.

I don't have a blog - but have my regulars where I visit and comment. I sort of don't understand the pressure - but then...I don't have a blog. There's gotta be a reason!

Some blogs I visit for news, or for specific info. Others are more like a social circle - yours fits into that category. You express a view of life that was very common when I was much younger - not so much these days.

I appreciate the view and the connection. But some days...the front door is closed and company just isn't invited! You need personal time.

Amy said...

I am so glad that you are staying around. I don't comment much, but I really enjoy your blog.

I get sidetracked and don't blog. Or I put lots in a post and get one comment. But it helps me to put some things down in writting. It may help me or someone who is looking for something.

Have a blessed day. So glad you are staying!

Dave aka Dnice said...

Hi Andrea,

I'm glad you will continue to blog. I too enjoy your posts. Although people may not comment on a certain post, they still read them and like you said, it does make an impact. If you need to take a break and not blog for a few weeks or so, I would say do it. As you know, I took a few months off from blogging. Sometimes you just have to clear your mind and not worry about coming up with new ideas on what to write next.

I'm glad you will continue to blog. Thanks.

Dave

Andrea said...

Omg...thank you for all your encouragement. Your words are invigorating and uplifting and just what I needed to hear at this fork in the road. I have no plans to take a break...apparently blogging is my businesss!

Much love,
Andrea

Pete Smith said...

Andrea I love your blog and I love the fact that you post comments on my blog. You are one of the daily blogs I check out and I know you don't post everyday but when you do it's good, so keep up the good work, because you have a point of view as a Mother and a prepper. And I appreciate the view and the connection to your world.

Joe said...

Andrea, I am thrilled that you decided to continue! I too read your blog and am often encouraged and blessed. I definitely know the feeling of thinking I have nothing to offer, and sometimes I just need time to step back and reflect a little. And I look forward to reading the results of your "Fair Warning"!

Andrea said...

Pete, Joe-
Thanks so much for your kind words. It never occurred to me that my blog was blessing other people...but now that I know, I'm more determined than ever to stay the course.

Andrea

jen_photography said...

Of course you are a blessing;) Shame on us for reading and running.....I think I dislike the word verification, sounds like a good reason..right????...lol

Andrea said...

Sorry about the word verification, Jen. I've had enough spam and naughtiness on my comment pages that it's really a necessary evil LOL.

Joe said...

You're right about the word verification Andrea! Without it, you get all kinds of garbage.

Unknown said...

Well, I'm certainly glad to hear you aren't throwing in the towel!! I saw that post and kept waiting for it to actually materialize on your blog so I could see what was going on; then family arrived and I never got back to it. Any how... YEAH! We'd miss you terribly if you quit!

As for goals, I get so excited reading everyone's list for the year! I need to take some time tomorrow and work on my own, but a few are already in place...

• Order my bees and get them going! Finally!!
• Finally commit to learning how to make sourdough bread - I promised my family this!
• Get supplies to make homemade soap
• Save $$$$$ for a barn for goats!
• Learn how to take better pictures with my camera.
• Take a concealed gun course with my husband - a date night kind of a thing! Don't you think he'll like that?

Now, I have a ton of stuff that I still want to learn and do, but these are at the top of my list right now. I get all giddy just thinking about them - it's amazing what a new year wil do for a person! Thanks for sharing your own list!

Andrea said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Amy. It's like a virtual hug!

Your goals for next year sound exciting! Good luck, especially with the livestock stuff. I love the concealed carry idea...just be aware that in most states, it's a 12 hour course! That's one long date! And for the record, my stepdad was my date when I took my class :)