It's getting close, the new year that is. I can't believe 2010 is nearly over and 2011 is right around the corner. Time to make plans for the new year, get organized and get going! I've considered what I want to accomplish next year and this is the list I came up with.
First, the typical stuff:
-Trim down by eating healthier 'whole' foods on a daily basis and eating out less.
-Exercise more, specifically riding bikes with the kids in the cemetery down the road.
-Finish paying off our debt, hopefully by February or March.
-Spend more hours serving God and my community through the church garden ministry.
And now the atypical stuff:
-Start my medicinal herb garden, probably in March.
-Make better use of the crawlspace portion of our basement.
-Learn to age hard cheeses.
-Build an outdoor shower...perfect for rinsing off stinky kids (and husband) during those balmy days of summer!
-Add to our food storage, at least 3 months worth of food.
-Experiment with homemade sausage blends and sprouted wheat bread recipes.
While they're not your garden variety 'live greener and be a better person' New Year's resolutions, they're my goals for 2011 nonetheless.
What are your goals for the coming year?
6 comments:
Are you really that near paying off debt? We are too!! We are looking at March or April!! That is sooooo exciting!
When I say paying off debt, I'm meaning everything but the house. We'll be paying on it for a while...but having cash freed up means we can pay off the house quicker. We're eating this elephant one bite at a time!
My son and DIL have renegotiated their loan several times. I think the last time, they were talking about a significantly higher payment but a much shorter loan period...10 years??? I strongly recommended against it - make the payments in that amount every time you can, but making it a requirement seems to me like a bad idea in their tight circumstances. Of course, your loan contract has to allow prepayments to be paid against the principle for this to work, but somewhere I read that if you get one payment ahead, then pay every two weeks (same amount monthly) that it will reduce the total you have to pay and the length of time it takes. Not sure exactly how - even though I understand it theoretically.
We are gonna be free and clear. But yes, it does help to have all the little stuff out of the way. We did that a few years ago and we have sacrificed alot but the feeling of being almost there is incredible. We still have a house to build but we plan to do it lil by lil and debt free.
We are all but debt free, we still are paying off some back tax bills and it kills me everytime I send that money into the IRS. But we should be done very soon with that and as you said, having some freed up cash for other things.
Your list of goals sounds great!
God Bless and Happy New Year!!
Being a better wife, Mother, homeschool teacher, and Christian Lady.
Have a wonderful blessed New Year!
Post a Comment