The Mister surprised me yesterday with an early anniversary present. I thought the traditional 15-year gift was crystal, but he had other ideas.
Apparently a Walther P-22 is called for.
We stopped in at a little gun shop/carry out store a few weeks ago to look at handguns and a Walther model appealed to me. I'd shot Jeff's handguns a couple times (.45's ?) but they felt bulky, and while I was fairly accurate with them, I can't say I was comfortable with them. In a pinch, they'd work, but overall, I didn't care for them. I liked the P-22 because it's lightweight, the grip fit my hand and it's ambidextrous, which is nice for us righties who shoot lefty.
He also signed me up to take a concealed carry class on August 28, along with my step-dad (hereafter referred to as my dad). I'm nervous/excited to take this class, so it will be nice that he'll be in the class with me. Familiarity makes all the difference sometimes :)
A year ago, I'd never have imagined that I'd be writing about guns and concealed carry permits. It's amazing how time can change one's perspective, huh?
2 comments:
I got my wife the same gun only it's a (CA P-22)we can only have a ten shot clip here. She love's it and I'm sure you will love it to.
Sounds like a great gift.Crystal smystal.brass,copper,lead.Theres a man who cares!
China
III
Post a Comment