Good morning Bloggerland and all who inhabit it! Yes, it's been a while, but I think we may be back to something resembling normalcy here at the Run. We've had so much activity over the past couple of weeks that it was all I could do to catch my breath let alone post on my blog, but I think that's passed now.
First, I want to say thank you to everyone who responded to my homeschooling post, through the comments section as well as private emails. I enjoyed and appreciated each and every comment and it's given me much to think about. It's such a huge commitment, one we're not undertaking without much thought and prayers, mainly prayers. We're reading books, talking to experienced homeschoolers and investigating the co-op that uses our church as home base. I don't know where this may lead, so keep us in your prayers and if it's God's plan for us to homeschool, I'm sure the Holy Spirit will lead us in that direction.
Second, I want to say thank you to everyone who checked in on me after Saturday night's crazy Ohio weather episode. We're just fine. We had some crazy, crazy wind that managed to pick up our trampoline, transport it over top of the pool and deposit it some 20 or 30 yards away. We have a little damage to a concrete planter and to a downspout, but that's it. We're so blessed. A couple dear friends in northern Ohio were right in the middle of it, and my cousin Brian was caught in the Dundee, MI tornado while traveling for his job. Brian said that they were ushered out of their hotel rooms into the stairwells with only the clothes on their backs. He said that the gas station next door is completely gone so he's counting his blessings to have escaped unharmed. Remember them in your prayers please.
Third, but most importantly, I want to praise God for His Infinite Wisdom and Love. A few weeks ago, I posted about my experiences with my father and how I'd never quite been able to forgive him and free myself from that bitterness. God put it on me quite plainly that I had to let it go. HAD TO. So I blogged about it early one morning, publicly forgiving my dad and pledging to move on. Not an hour later, I found out that my paternal grandmother had passed away the previous week and noone had called to tell me. It stung for a minute, but God had prepared me for this final slap in the face. He didn't want my heart hardened with bitterness and resentment any longer, so He got me ready beforehand. Praise God, He is Good!
On a lighter note, we've had some wonderful times here at the Run over the past 2 weeks! We surprised the Mister with a 40th birthday party on Memorial Day weekend. Our parents were in on it, as well as his brother from out of town, so I had some wonderful accomplices. We managed to keep it a secret and caught him totally unaware! It was a simple, enjoyable affair with a BBQ, a cornhole competition and lots of fun visiting with family.
Last weekend, we had our bi-annual yard sale that was somewhat of a success. The weather wasn't terribly cooperative, but it wasn't a total washout either. I still have tons of kids clothes to get rid of, so we may extend our yard sale to one more weekend.
And the best news yet: this past week we enjoyed our first fruits! Strawberries, black raspberries, red raspberries, 2 cherries and 1 blueberry! There is nothing so sweet as going out into the backyard with a bowl and bringing in fresh fruit, still warm from the sunshine and glistening with dew. Sigh. It's a wonderful life!
Best wishes from the Run!
Andie
No comments:
Post a Comment