Little Miss Mara has come into her own lately. It's funny how you raise 2 kids the same and yet they turn out so differently. Isaac is so incredibly intelligent, with his analytical mind and what a friend refers to as a "built-in BS detector". You can't get one over on Isaac, no sir. Miss Mara, on the other hand, is different. She's very intelligent, but in a more creative, passionate way. She's extremely *clever* and dramatic and has a real flair for language and art. Recently, her imagination has kicked in, full throttle, and oh the things she comes up with!
The Mister has a deer skull that he's getting ready to bleach and mount on the shed. I know. Ewwwww. It's the Redneck in him. So he had this skull in a bucket of soil and sand, with only the antlers exposed, out behind the shed, just waiting for the time to do whatever; and that's when Miss Mara found it. She was very excited to have discovered it, although she wasn't sure what exactly she had discovered. Jeff tried to give her clues without coming out and telling her what it was. The conversation went something like this:
Jeff- "It's great big."
Mara-blank stare
J- "It wears fur."
M-blank stare
J-"It has antlers on it's head like this" at which point he demonstrated using his hands.
M- "VIKING BONES! IT'S VIKING BONES! ISAAC, I FOUND VIKING BONES!!!"
In addition to being extremely creative, she's developing her powers of persuasion. She greeted Jeff at the garage door a few days ago, hands on her hips, wanting to talk to him about a pet. She told him how much she wanted a pet and how much she would love it and care for it. Jeff asked her what kind of pet she wanted.
"A fish. Or maybe a baby cow. I love baby cows."
She then proceeded to tell him how she'd take care of the baby cow and how she'd milk the baby cow and we could use it for cereal. She'd feed it grass and put it in the backyard and play ball with it. And she continued for quite a while, confident she'd made great progress in her bid for a cow. Needless to say, she was devastated when Jeff told her we don't have the acreage for a cow, baby or otherwise. As sappy as it sounds, I really felt sad for her LOL.
My kids are just amazing and if you haven't figured it out, I'm totally in love with them. What are some of your children's most memorable zingers and one-liners?
4 comments:
So sweet! :-)
Okay, this one isn't really a "good" one, only because most parents wouldn't teach their children to say this. Not Robbie. Whenever Clay burps or farts, Robbie would say "ew slimebag!" in a playful voice. And Clay would just bust out laughing.
So one day, my Mom burped. And Clay looked at her and said "Ew slimebag!!!" It shouldn't be funny, but it was totally hilarious! Thank God that is the only "bad" word he says.
Can't think of any one liners off hand, but wanting to keep our last child a baby for as long as I could, I wouldn't correct all her fractured speech. Just love all the phrases little ones come up with. Our baby (now 7) would always call cheeks cheenks. She did this till almost the end of 1st grade, now in 3rd. I know this is shameful, but what can I say!
When my youngest was three she came running in from the backyard and headed for the front door. She's not allowed to play out front by herself so I asked what she was doing. She told me, "I'm going to play in front 'cuz it's raining in back"
Kids are the cutest! We got caught out in the rain a few days ago and Mara kept wishing she had a "rainbrella" to keep her dry. I love toddler-speak.
Post a Comment