Appropriate title, eh? That's about how long it's been since I've blogged. I haven't given up blogging, but my focus is changing and I needed a couple weeks off for sanity purposes. My life has turned about 180 degrees in the past month and I needed time to regroup and figure out which direction I'm being lead.
So, my biggest announcement: the chickens are gone. Jeff and I decided that they were taking up too much time and sort of distracting us from our main goals: keeping our sanity and raising children. You wouldn't think that a few layers would take THAT much time, but it seemed like our lives revolved around the chicky-bits and their schedules. Okay, that and they absolutely wouldn't stay in their pen. When one begins pondering razor wire and electric fencing to keep a couple chickens in place, it's time to rethink things. It was a fantastic experience, and the knowledge and skills we've gained has been vast, but now it's time to move on. I will miss our chickens, especially our roo but we found a great home for them this weekend, so we can end this endeavour on a happy note.
Now that that's over, we'll continue to concentrate on our usual homesteading activities...heirloom gardening, food preservation, old-fashioned skills like bread baking, yogurt culturing and knitting...but I'll be approaching it with a peace and a serenity that I didn't have before. God changes everything. Salvation changes everything. And I can't pretend that things will proceed like before. I have hope now. I don't have to know all the answers or try to cover all the bases. I don't have to be afraid anymore. God is holding things together.
God willing, tomorrow I'll be posting about food preservation through the use of Foodsavers. Now that is a fun little tool! And if I remember to get my camera out of the back of the Jeep, there may even be pictures. So until then, best wishes from the Run.
3 comments:
Peace! It's a wonderful thing! So glad you are enjoying the benefits of knowing Christ, which is truly the ABUNDANT life!
Finding the daily Joy that God gives through his Grace is a great blessing. Very glad you have found it. Play date soon?
Hi Amy! Hi Nikki! Thanks for dropping by! It's so nice to know that God placed such good friends in my path! In hindsight, I think He put you both there to corral me LOL.
Yes, Nikki! Isaac has been wanting to go to Catawba for a couple of weeks. I'm babysitting a little boy 3 days a week, so there may be some schedule conflicts during the week.
Post a Comment