Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter 2010

He is Risen! Hope everyone had a glorious Easter weekend! I sure did. Easter is, without a doubt, my favorite holiday. Not only is everything fresh and new after a long winter, but it's the holiday of hope! A celebration of hope renewed and a promise of life eternal. For Christians, Easter is proof positive. Jesus proved everything He said was Truth and He was who He said He is. Can you think of a better reason to be joyful and celebrate? Praise God for the Risen King!

With little exception, I don't think I could have asked for a nicer time! Most of the 3-day weekend was sunny with highs in the 70's, perfect for time at the park and picnics. We had some crazy wind come through on Saturday; at one point I saw the entire trampoline 4 feet in the air! Thank goodness everything was tied down! Otherwise, it was a fabulous weekend and I think the pictures do a better job telling the story that I can.

Family photo at Mamaw and Papaw's house.


On Good Friday, we spent some time at a local park, feeding the wildlife and playing on the playground.

Mara in her Sunday best.

Isaac concentrating on a new toy.


Bucketheads. From left, Weeba (Olivia), Mara and Isaac.



The hunt is afoot.





To the victor, the spoils.

Mamaw, Papaw, Olivia, Mara and Isaac.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy belated Easter - I took a blogging break but I'm back! Glad your weekend was so nice! And I'm sure it was full of new joy for you!

Amy said...

Isn't family time great. Looks like they had a blast.

Have a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Great looking bunch there. Nice to put a face to the blog/emails.

Pete Smith said...

I to love Easter, it looks like you had a great day.