Today I was redeemed. Around noon, the angels crowded around to see a sinner put to death and resurrected into a new body. 16+ years of confusion, doubt, guilt, frustration were washed away and my life began anew. My sins and transgressions have been washed away and I begin this walk as a new creature, full of promise and hope.
12 comments:
Congrats. Now the work really begins. Remember it is the beginning and not the end.
I am so happy for you. There is nothing more refreshing and exhilarating than knowing you're walking toward the Lord.
Do tell more!
Yes, we'd like to hear more about what happened and how you came this conclusion! I'm so proud for you. You will never regret it!!! God bless you richly!
Thanks for the encouragement! The decision to be baptized today was sort of made on the fly...I've spent 16 years doubting my salvation and today when the opportunity arose, it was time to wash that doubt away.
My first experience with God was at 19, but I've forever questioned what I felt that day. To some extent, I think the pastor talked me into being saved and baptized. I was shamed into repenting whether I felt true repentence or not. A short time afterwards, I was baptized but I was never told why I was being baptized aside from "it's what you do". Noone explained to me the symbolism behind baptism and I've always questioned whether it was a legitimate baptism. Since I didn't know/believe, wasn't it just creek water? Amidst the doubt, confusion, frustration, shame, I fell away from God and church.
So anyway, fast forward to last year. That's when God started gnawing at me to return to him. We've been attending a large non-denom. church for 6 months and although I love it there, I felt like I was still missing something. So I made an appointment to talk to the pastor today and when the subject of baptism came up, I told him what my first experience had been like. In a creek, with no idea why I was doing it. When he suggested that I be baptized again, I grabbed at the chance. It was the opportunity I needed to lay down that burden of doubt and uncertainty and KNOW that my salvation is secure. So I grabbed the emergency change of clothes out of my trunk and the pastor baptized me with my daughter witnessing. The old me died and the new me was resurrected and the past has been laid to rest. Gotta love that.
Awesome!
That's great Andrea!
I've been anxiously waiting to hear the story - thanks for sharing. I have tears in my eyes! Praise the LORD for He is good! He didn't let go of you and He never will!
Oh, Andrea! I stumbled over here from Homestead Revival, and I'm so happy for you! Praise God! He is faithful. What a testamony! : ) Melissa
Thank you all for the kind words! It's hard to put into words the relief/joy/thankfulness I feel this morning. Worry and burden have been replaced by tears of joy. I know some folk disagree with a 2nd baptism, but I feel like this was the step I needed to let go of the past, forgive myself and *accept* God's grace. I finally "get it". The little voice whispering in my ear and causing me to doubt is gone and I can feel/understand God's love like I've never felt before. I finally get it.
Congratulations!
Having been baptized as an infant and raised in the church, it was always a comfort knowing I was "one of the flock", but there was definitely something reassuring about my confirmation in high school when my baptism was re-affirmed with my knowing consent and intention.
I wish you much continued joy in your relationship with the Divine.
Praise God and I'm so happy for you. Pete
Post a Comment