
Just a little bit of excitement to share with you, courtesy of the chicks at Chicky-Bit Run! At long last, the Ameraucanas are starting to earn their keep. When Jeff went out to gather eggs last night, he found one perfect little blue-green egg. Yes! We knew it was only a matter of time before they'd start laying, but it's still a great surprise to find that first blue egg. And while the picture doesn't do it justice, it is one decidedly blue egg!
7 comments:
That is always exciting. We had Arucanas and we had some that layed blue, aqua, green and even pink. My children always tried to figure out which hen layed which color. enjoy
cricket
LOL, too funny! I didn't know any chickens laid eggs other than white or brown.
Oh yes...Ameracaunas lay green/blue/olive eggs and Aracaunas lay blue/green/mauve eggs. Makes those Paas egg coloring kids pretty useless LOL
That's so wonderful! We got our McMurray catalog this week and have been dreaming of some fowl things lately. :) I love the picture, it really shows the contrast with 11 brownies and 1 blue...
Glad to know somebody's chickens are busy working!
Amy, I read about your chickens being on strike...it happens to us too, but generally not all at the same time. I just thrilled our babies are starting to lay!
Heather, your kids would love having chickens around! Especially the chicks...they're the sweetest things ever.
I really love the blue aracauna eggs, but none of mine lay them. I'm only getting shades of greens and a few mauves.
Post a Comment