
I'm ashamed to admit that I actually bought something that I've seen advertised on TV....usually "As Seen On TV" translates roughly to "Waste of Money, Don't Bother" but this Knifty Knitter intrigued me. I've wanted to learn to knit for several years and I know how to knit and purl, but it's the free time to practice that eludes me. So I bought a Knifty Knitter. Not from TV, but from Walmart. Not that that makes a difference.
So I take my looms out of the bag, and start winding the yarn as directed, and an hour later...I have a hat. Really. I made a toboggan! I was so excited, I tried it with 2 colors of yarn, and 90 minutes later, I have a second hat. Next I made a patterned hat for my son...dark green brim, mixed middle and light green top. So so easy! When I started looking online there are scads of free patterns. I also found directions for making different stitches, just by changing the way you wind the yarn.
While this isn't knitting, the Knifty Knitter IS a simple way to make some pretty interesting items with very little time, money or practice involved.
5 comments:
I'm laughing with you, not AT you... I bought one almost identical for my two younger girls for Christmas. Haven't tried it yet, but your post may just get us started. It's snowing out again and would be perfect to do with the cold weather.
I bought a circle loom for blankets! And I am 1/2 way finished with a blanket for Clay!!! Something that is easy and fun to do :-)
My next buy will be the one that you have to make hats with. I can't wait to try that one out!
Cool! I've always wondered about that thing!
I also got one and I'm a lousy knitter but I haven't taken enough time to practice with my knifty knitter. Glad you had a good experience with yours. Maybe I'll get going with mine also.
That's very impressive! I've knitted hats before with five needles, and that takes some getting used to. So much, in fact, that I haven't knitted any in a long time. This might be something my daughter would enjoy, along with me. Thanks!
Post a Comment