Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Baby In The Barn

I just want to share with you the inner-machinations of a 5 year-olds mind. I was looking at a few favorite sites this morning when Isaac came up behind me and pointed at this picture on the monitor.
"Hey," he says, "I know that picture. It's the Baby in the Barn."
('Baby in the Barn' is the kids' term for the Nativity, spoken with reverence, not as a slight.)
He proceeds "Is it Jesus' birthday yet? How old is He?"
I told him noone really knows how old Jesus is, but He's somewhere around 2000 years old.
"Well, do you know what that means?" he says. "This year he'll be 2001! That's way older than daddy!!!"
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from your friends at the Run!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kids can be so entertaining! Their perspective is so unique.

Have a blessed Christmas!