Do you remember that one? The 'Friends' episode from season 2 with the crazy roommate Eddie who buys a dehydrator and proceeds to dehydrate anything and everything he can lay hands on?
Maybe this will refresh your memory:
***************************************
EDDIE: "Hey, man, check it out. I got some great stuff to dehydrate here. I got some grapes, I got some apricots... I thought it would be really cool to see what happens with these water balloons."
CHANDLER: "You, move out. Take your fruit, your stupid small fruit and GET OUT!"
***************************************
Okay, well, since I got my new dehydrator, I've been a lot like Eddie. So far just onions and strawberries though, no water balloons. Yet.
I bought a L'Equipe dehydrator and I must say that I'm pretty pleased with it. It's seriously quiet, very compact shape and it comes with quite a few accessories, not to mention a 12 year factory warranty. In fact, the only thing I don't like about it is the company neglected to list drying temperatures in their manual. They tell you how to dry, how long to dry, how to pretreat....don't actually tell you the temperature to use. So that stinks, but otherwise, I'm very happy with my purchase. If you've been tossing around the idea of buying a new dehydrator, I can recommend L'Equipe highly. (Plus they're on sale here .)
Best wishes from the Run.
3 comments:
I'm jealous! That will keep you busy for a while...The one you got looks awesome and only $99, that's great. The excalibur is way too expensive for me, but probably worth it for high volume.
I have a hand-me-down dehydrator. It works great for mushrooms, which is my most important item for me to dehydrate. I did some paper thin lemon slices, but they took a long time.
I tried some brocolli too, that was good. I want to experiment with making dried soup mixes and dip mixes.
I thought 99$ was a good deal too...I like the Excalibur, but sheesh, it would take a lot of drying to justify that price tag!
I've been giving thoughts to soup mixes/herb blends too. Should you come up with a wowwy-zowwy recipe, pass it on, okay?
Post a Comment