Sunday, March 29, 2009

Lookin' Up

Things are starting to look up here at the Run. First, the best news, is Jeff's lay-off was postponed. They reduced the number of folks they laid off, so there's exactly *one* person between him and the Exit door. Little bit of breathing room, so that's nice. AND, there's rumors going around about a possible military deal. New products are always nice, but I don't expect it to happen. There won't be any new products at the Springfield plant til the workers agree to work for free, or better yet, pay the company for the honor. Little vent there. Gotta get away from this crappy company. But I digress.

Second, my (ahem) detox is going well. It's been about 5 days since my last dose and some of the weird withdrawal symptoms are starting to ease up. Emotionally, I feel much more stable, less weepy, but I'm still feeling the physical effects...nausea, vertigo, tremors, fever/chills, brain zaps, sleep disturbance, etc. Hopefully another couple of days of rest, some hot tea, hearty meals and exercise outside will help turn things around. You know what's crazy, my mom talked to a local pharmacist friend and she was *~stunned~* that I was on Effexor to begin with. She said it's the drug of choice when there are no other options. Crazy stuff.

Yesterday our berry starts arrived....strawberries, black raspberries and yellow raspberries! So the goal for today is to get them in the ground and make them a nice straw blanket til we get through tonight's cold snap. Spring is so close, I can just feel it!!!!

7 comments:

kitsapfg said...

So glad to hear both the detox process from the prescription drug and the layoff situation are both resolving themselves at this point. Happy day when the berry plants arrive!

Anonymous said...

Do you take B vitamins? I take a B50 twice a day and it can help a lot with hormone imbalances etc, which run in my family I guess. Anyway, just a thought, you might be in need of some extra vitamins as your body balances out. Best wishes for a quick detox.

Andrea said...

Thanks gals. I appreciate the well wishes and the advice! I don't take B vitamins, but someone recommended them to me just a day or two ago. Looks like I'll be taking a trip to the pharmacy tomorrow. Hugs.

Meg said...

Nice to hear the better news! Y'all have been in my thoughts & prayers this week after the last couple of posts. I'm really glad the side effects are lessening.

Andrea said...

Thanks Meg! This past week really took it out of me, but I'm starting to feel more like myself...and no wierd electrical zaps!

I told Mr. Jeffery that if something like this ever happens again, he's going to send me to one of those swanky detox centers with the inground pool and on-site manicurists. You know, like on A&E Intervention??? J/K

Meg said...

LOL, yeah, and I think after all you went thru with the withdrawal side effects, you *must* deserve a pair of those camo shoes as a reward, too. ;)

Andrea said...

OH YEAH....


I forgot about the camo MB's. And with the economy in the toilet, I bet you could pick them up discounted.