It's been nearly a week since I stopped Effexor and *finally* I feel like I'm turning the corner and getting away from this stuff. My moods have settled, most of the weird side effects are waining and I'm starting to feel like I've got it together again. I still have some of the sensory disturbances going; vertigo, dizziness, shocks, that sort of thing, but the shaking, fever/chills, nightmares are gone. Sheesh. Just seeing that in black and white, that list of symptoms, who would've guessed that all these came from a simple drug, and a low dose at that. Crazy.
Anywho, I have an appointment with the offending doctor on Friday and, boy howdy, is he going to be hearing about my experience with Effexor. I *guarantee* the next time he prescribes Effexor, there's going to be a mental picture in the back of his mind of yours truly, red faced, finger pointing and climbing the walls, explaining to him in small words (so he's sure to understand) what the past week of my life has been like. Call it the 'Andrea Affect'.
1 comment:
"Andrea Affect" - might otherwise be called "Aversion Therapy"! LOL! He may never be the same again, but if you can spare one other person from being placed in that bad of a situation - then you have made a real contribution.
Post a Comment