Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It's Not Vintage! It's Junk!

I watch Craigslist pretty closely...watching for an old farmhouse style table and a greenhouse or hoop-house. Yeah, weird combination. Anywho, lately, everything listed is vintage. Vintage this and vintage that. I even saw a listing for, get this, vintage bricks and vintage pipes. Okay folks, just because they're old, that doesn't make them vintage. And just because they're vintage, doesn't make them valuable.

I appreciate a nice antique...and sometimes an antique doesn't have to be extremely old to have value, at least for me. But don't slap 'vintage' on a 1980's table lamp and expect it to be any more valuable than the ones I can find at the Goodwill store. If it was tacky in 1982, guess what...it's still tacky! And do you think by labeling it vintage, that I'm going to pay you 25 dollars for it? Puleeze! Get thee to the Goodwill and hopefully someone will get some use out of your junk. For the love of Pete...it's not vintage! It's junk!

No comments: