now I've got to plant it! Isaac and I have been busy the last few days building raised beds for the garden. He's such a good little helper! So far we have 2 built, both about 4 X 8, give or take. We filled them with composty goodness from around the yard; leaves, straw, grass clippings, saw dust, charred wood and ashes, chicken poo, etc, now they just need a nice top dressing of soil and they should be ready to go.
Our plan is to use the first 2 raised beds for root veggies...up to this point, we haven't been able to grow roots because the soil is silty and muddy and packs down tight! Hopefully, the nice loose filling in these beds will provide us with what we need to grow some carrots and beets! Next up is a bed with a hoop house so we can get our cool weather goodies going...can't wait for fresh kale, spinach, broccoli and lettuce! Won't that be a treat???
I'm trying hard not to rush the season, but I'm so ready for some freshly grown, freshly picked veggies. There's nothing like that first sweet sugar pea, big juicy tomato, crisp radish. Nothing you can buy from Walmart comes close to being as delicious. Anticipation has something to do with it...but seeing the fruits of your labor, literally, that's the sweetest flavor or all. Come on spring...get a move on!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment