For low-flush toilets:
*Hypothetically*, should one child flush something she probably oughtn't, and another child feels obligated to flush the toilet repeatedly to get the water to go down, *hypothetically* there should be only 5-10 gallons on the floor instead of, oh say, 40. Sound mathematically sound to you? That's the way I see it.
Note to self: invest in a low-flush toilet in the immediate future.
Further note to self: Call Kurt the carpet guy and put a *rush* on the new flooring.
4 comments:
Girl....these last two entries had me laughing out loud and, THANK YOU, as I really needed that. Spent the AM a) shopping at Meijer and stocking up on semi-perishables which are on sale (cheese good until June which is 40% off....milk, etc.) and b) reviewing unemployment figures for the different counties in my state (latest ones I can find are Dec 08...20% to 24% unemployment in several counties, with my own being the only one under 7% (many of the nearby counties are at 8% to 15% unemployment)).
After that important and useful, but ultimately a bit depressing, work it was EXCELLENT to get a laugh in. Think I'm going to go watch Swing Time as I think I need a little Fred and Ginger right now. And probably follow it up with a screwball or two. Definitely will be going for Easy Living with Jean Arthur, need to decide what else to watch which will help with mood elevation. It's looking more and more like we're certainly just about to head into an economic Depression and I need to keep the spirits up for sure!!!
In other news, Streak is a sharp cheddar cheese freak. Who knew? She'll do anything for it! Will save us $ on dog treats, though, with sharp cheddar often on excellent sales (like we had today!) and much cheaper than commercial treats (and much less time consuming than making my own).
Glad you had some enjoyment at my carpet's expense LOL. Thank Heavens we have some new flooring in the works because YUCK. Jeff brought in the ShopVac to clean up the water last night or the carpet would be coming up today...new vinyl or no!
I'll be posting some pics of Sis in the near future...standing right in front of the TV singing along with Gene Kelly. Can't say I blame her....ca. 1952 Gene Kelly is yummy.
The good news is that I think it is required that all parents have this happen once with their family, so at least you guys got it out of the way already! ;) Can't wait to see Mara singin' in the rain.
I think I watch too many old movies....Swing Time started up and, within 2 minutes, Clara was calmed down and totally asleep on the couch.
I think you may have a contender for having watched too many old movies...I know a 3 year old who's going around quoting lines...
"No No No"
"Yes Yes Yes"
"I love you, I love you, I love you"
"Okay, you're a cab"
Of course she was pretty mad that Gene made Debbie cry...explain happy tears to a toddler.
Post a Comment