I'm so proud of that little boy-o-mine. He's growing up so fast and absorbing everything around him. He's sharp as a tack and really has a mind for working out details, although he does have a low frustration level. He is constantly surprising me with his ideas, plans and imagination.
Several days ago as I was finishing up my seed order for Heirloom Seeds, he asked what I was doing. I told him I was getting things together to grow my garden. He asked what about his garden. Isaac wants his own garden this year and has his own definite ideas about what he wants to grow. Berry-sized tomatoes, peas 'that we don't have to cook' AKA snow peas, garden berries and maybe some corn. Not a bad little garden! So now we're tossing around location ideas for Isaac's first little garden. As a surprise, I'm going to find something to use as 'garden art'... something they can paint, like an old chair or ladder, or a display of some sort...like a small barn to park his outdoor tractors in.
I'm so thrilled that he's only 4 and is already interested in having his own bit of land. That says to me there are great things to come.
Isaac, age 2, 'planting' a broccoli leaf
No comments:
Post a Comment