Sigh. I'm so ready for spring. Winter just began, but already the days are getting longer. The seed catalogs are pouring in and I'm ready to get outside. Double sigh.
I'm really excited for 2009, and in other ways dreading it. We're coming up on our one year 'homesteading' anniversary and we've accomplished so much already! This year is going to be our year to experiment with new varieties of tomatoes, annual fruits, growing grains and more. Hopefully our egg production will take off and we can add a few more girls to the flock. I'm also looking forward to another busy fall of canning and preserving. Meals are so healthy and it's so convenient, having the basics canned and ready in the basement.
So why am I dreading this year??? This is the year I lose Isaac. I have to start sharing him with the school system. Up til now, he's been all mine. His successes and triumphs, mine to cherish. But this fall, I'll load him onto a bus and send him off into the world. It makes me want to cry just thinking about it. How can it already have been nearly 5 years since I brought him home? Just yesterday it seems, he was a fat little chunk who grunted instead of laughed. I understand now why parents get so excited for grandchildren...for one brief minute they get to hold their baby again. Crap, now I'm crying.
Gonna go get a hot cup of tea and top it off with something a little stronger.
No comments:
Post a Comment