I usually don't post a lot of recipes on my blog. Main reason is, I'm lazy. That said, I know several folks out there looking for a really good pie crust recipe, and I have it! So here it is. Ann and Nita, this one's for you.
Best Pie Crust Ever
3 c. flour
1 t. salt
1 scant cup of shortening
1 egg
1 T vinegar
5 T cold water
Cut the shortening into the flour til crumbly. In a small bowl, beat egg then add vinegar and 4 T of water. Add to flour mixture, adding the remaining water if the crust is dry. Roll out on wax paper, chilling if necessary. Makes 2 very large pie crusts.
That's it folks. I think a cup of shortening is too much for this recipe, so I'm going to experiment with 2/3 c. or less. BUT, the way it is, it's a beautiful, supple dough that's easy to handle, shape, and doesn't dry out. It's great for fruit pies, pot pies and also apple dumplings. Hope you like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment