I'm in full holiday mode! I've waited as long as I possibly can, and come Saturday, I'm putting away the ghosts and jack o lanterns, and I'm pulling out the greenery. Jeff has asked that I kindly refrain from putting up the tree, at least til Black Friday, and I'll try to honor that. But no promises : )
My favorite shopping day of the year is about 2 days after Christmas, when all the great decorations go on clearance. It's such a fun time to pick up goodies for 50-75% off. This year our tree will be decorated in reds and golds, lots of glitter and sparkles. And if I recall, there's ribbon with stockings full of bears and goodies. Should be a fun tree. That's our main tree. There's also a scrappy thin tree in our basement family room that the kids exclusively decorate. And there's a one-foot tall tree in both their bedrooms that we decorate to match their rooms. Isaac's tree is dressed up in green ribbon and tractors, Mara's tree is covered in pink ribbons, white feathers and pearls. I know. It's goofy. Christmas sort of does that to me. Turns me into a big goofy kid. And I love it!
Yay for Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment