Monday, October 27, 2008

Not So Extreme Makeover

I love doing it myself....repairs and makeovers that is. And when I find a good deal at a tag sale, I can't pass it up. I found 2 oak bar stools at a sale this summer and managed to steal them for 6 dollars. True, they needed a lot of TLC, but hey, I can do TLC. So here is the before picture, of the nicer of the 2 chairs, complete with shredded seat.




And here is after. Complete with a beautiful buttery elk-hide leather seat. The leather was leftover from a project many years ago, so it was free. My only other supply was a bit of eggcrate type padding that I'd been hanging onto, just in case.


So 2 newly recovered oak barstools....total cost....6 dollars. Having easy-to-clean chairs tall enough for the kids to reach the kitchen table.....priceless.

No comments: