A bevy of bells...
A gaggle of garlic...
A mob of 'maters....
And a marathon of a canning day!
Today we canned tomato sauce, tomato juice and salsa.
Tomorrow we finish up with some tomato soup and delicious dehydrated Debaroa Black tomatoes.
Oh! what a happy family we'll be this winter.



6 comments:
Recipes, recipes, recipes ...please? Especially tomato soup, please. I use a lot of it in recipes that call for tomato sauce or paste because it seems to set better for my husband.
Hoss-
I'll have to get back to you on the tomato soup...gotta dig up the recipe I used last year. If I remember correctly, it's just a combination of tomatoes, garlic, peppers, onions all put through a mill then add salt, sugar, pepper, mustard powder and a bit of nutmeg. I add the milk and flour before I serve it.
Looking great, I feel likes its not ending at the moment, three days ago, all day making tomato sauce, saturday, was peach day, and sunday was apple sauce and today back to peachs, and tomorrow back to tomato's LOL
But we are going to eat well for the coming year! I always count bumper years as blessings cuz you just never know what the next garden year will bring, so for the real basic's, having two season's worth put away is never a bad thing..
How did the first day of school go for your o so pretty daugther?
farmgal-
I hear ya...I was up til midnight last night canning tomatoes and baking cinnamon rolls. This week, I'm hoping to get some more corn and apples, then back to tomatoes.
Mara did great Thursday. She knew one of her classmates from Sunday School and recognized several of Isaac's friends too. And the best part...her teacher is a Christian. God has been so good to us, providing Believers to teach our kids!
We just purchased our first dehydrator in hopes of keeping up with the veggies we have been blessed with. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up. I've heard that tomato paste can be made relatively easily.
I'm curious about making tomato paste too...and we definitely have enough tomatoes for it this year.
You're going to love your dehydrator...nothing tastes better than salted tomato slices, apple slices....we dried 2.5 pounds of morrels this year and they are delicious!
Post a Comment