Thursday, August 25, 2011

First Day

This tiny, scrawny little baby....




Started Kindergarten today.

5 comments:

Bitsy said...

So cute! Isn't it amazing how fast they grow? Before I became a parent, people always said, "They grow up so fast." I was like "Yeah, yeah, yeah." But now I know how true it is!

suek said...

Don't you _love_ it?

And...don't you _hate_ it!!

Looking forward, time seems really eternal. Looking back, it seems to go in the blink of an eye...

(and after 60, it's all down hill and going faster all the time!)

Andrea said...

Bitsy-I totally get that...it seems like just yesterday she was this scrawny little baby barfing every 2 hours...and now she's so big albeit still a bit scrawny LOL.

Suek-that's it exactly. Love it. Hate it.

Rachel said...

How did you do sending her off? We were just looking at my first day of kindergarten picture yesterday with my name and address pinned to my little dress. his was back in the 70's when you didn't have to worry about someone getting your address.

Andrea said...

Rachel-
Thankfully, we live in a small, relatively safe community. Her first day of school, we took her to orientation so she only had to ride the bus home.

Miss Linda, her bus driver, has been Isaac's bus driver for going on 3 years and keeps a real close eye on the kids...even going as far as to call me to tell me something clever Isaac has said or done.

Miss Linda has all of the vital information so all we have to put is Mara's bus number, grade and phone number on a tag. And I think there's only 12 riders on her bus, so confusion should be minimal.