So last week, Jeff, the kids and I went to Lowe's to pick up the plumbing necessities for our wowwy-zowwy water-catchment and as usual, we went a bit over budget.
Meh.
It happens.
So we were at the checkout, good-naturedly quarreling at each other about the bill, when the young kid checking us out asked Jeff if he was retired military.
Jeff replied that he was a vet.
I asked the kid where he was during the first Gulf War, because Jeff was jumping out of airplanes with the 82nd. (In all honesty, the kid may not have been born during the first Gulf War.
The kid smiled and gave us a 10% discount right off the top.
Time to dust off that old military I.D. and start asking for discounts.
1 comment:
I've noticed lots of places are starting to give discounts to veterans. July 4th weekend Cedar Point was giving free admission to all vets and discounted admission to extended family. We had a great time on the cheap. Lately I've been carrying a copy of my 214's (not the original) cause ya never know what discount is available. I have received several discounts lately. Always ask, ya never know.
Post a Comment