A friend sent this video to me and now I'm further nauseated and determined not to eat factory-farmed/grocery store food. This video is from Australia, but I'm sure things are no different here in the States.
Pig blood coagulant? Seriously?
Who thinks this crap up?
3 comments:
suek
said...
Guess you never heard of "Blutwurst"?
I think it falls into the category of "waste not, want not"...
(note: I didn't watch the video - I have a blocker on my program, and don't have sound anyway)
Sue- This wasn't so much a 'waste not, want not' as it was 'paste together scraps of meat with pig blood coagulant and pass it off as prime cuts because noone can tell the difference.'
It *looked* like steak and people were preparing it like steak...but the amount of bacteria sandwiched in between the bits of meat were astronomical.
3 comments:
Guess you never heard of "Blutwurst"?
I think it falls into the category of "waste not, want not"...
(note: I didn't watch the video - I have a blocker on my program, and don't have sound anyway)
Sue-
This wasn't so much a 'waste not, want not' as it was 'paste together scraps of meat with pig blood coagulant and pass it off as prime cuts because noone can tell the difference.'
It *looked* like steak and people were preparing it like steak...but the amount of bacteria sandwiched in between the bits of meat were astronomical.
I'll definitely have to find a way to watch!
Sounds like a problem with the processing, though, not necessarily with the product.
People eat strange things...no doubt. But they couldn't tell that it wasn't a prime cut product? That _does_ seem odd.
Post a Comment