Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Prepping On The 'Off' Days

We've been stuck in a weird, swirling weather mass for the past 3 days that's making life fairly miserable.  We're not having downpours, but nuisance showers, misty, foggy, windy showers that last for days on end.  It's cold, with highs 20 degrees or more below normal and I haven't seen the sun since Saturday.  Sure makes it hard to get outside and do something productive.   This whole soggy, damp, cold, clouded spring has left me feeling quite listless.  I want to get out in the sun, want to work on my garden and do something worthwhile for our domestic economy, but there's not much you can do in seasons like this.

So, I've turned my attention indoors.  Organization is a huge part of prepping, and I can be totally honest and tell you right up front:  I Am Not An Organized Person.  At All.  But the glorious part of that shortcoming is that it gives me something to do when it's rainy, cold and miserable and I'd rather be outside.  Like today.  And yesterday.  And Sunday.  And tomorrow too. 

So today I organize.

I'm trying to hit the disorganized hot spots; the catch-all baskets and bins, the laundry room, the junk drawer, the window seat and the linen closet.  Yeah, that's a lot of hot spots, but if I can get them purged and organized, how much more smoothly will domesticity and preparedness flow?  When I've accomplished those feats, I'm turning my eyes to organizing the food storage area.  It's tidy, but could be better organized.   

What do you do to prep on the off days?    

1 comment:

jen_photography said...

I have been ironing today.....and watching my homestead blessing videos while I do it,.......I look at yucky days the same way, a chance to try and get orderly:) I am ready to get back outside though, so this dreary weather needs to skiddaddle:)