Monday, March 28, 2011

Overdue Update

Whew I've had a hard time staying on top of the Lose The Fluff updates lately.  It's been a stressful, busy and in some instances, exciting 4-5 weeks.  And let me tell you, stress, busy-ness and excitement do not lend themselves to weight loss.  As a general rule, that is. 

I'm still determined to lose the fluff, though.

I read this weekend that most women gauge their weight loss on how their favorite blue jeans fit.  That sounded stupid to me, at first, then I realized that I do the same thing.  My favorite pair of blue jeans have about a 6 inch overlap in the front now.  Woooooo!

I also read this weekend that women fantasize more about fitting into a cute pair of blue jeans more so than getting cozy with a Hollywood hunk.  Hmmmm.  Cute blue jeans or George Clooney? 

That's a tough call right there.

But yeah, I'll stick with my Mr. and a new pair of dark washed blue jeans.

I'm about 4 pounds from my initial goal weight, but after seeing myself in a 360 degree mirror, I've decided to go for the extra 5 pounds.  That will put my "Lose the Fluff" loss at 25 lbs and my total post-thyroid-issue weight loss at 35 lbs.  And that should put me back into the clothes that are folded up in the window seat.  And that should put me back into my wedding gown.  You know.  If I ever wanted to wear it again.  And that should put me at a healthy weight and BMI index.  And then, once I'm there, we start the retail therapy.

Oh how I love retail therapy :) 

For starters, if I really work hard, maybe a nice new dress for Easter. 

With matching shoes.

Before I get ahead of myself, dreaming of Easter-egg colored spring dresses and sweet new pumps, I'm registering a weight loss of 1.4 lbs this week, bringing my total to 15.6.  I'm getting so close to that goal, I can almost taste it. 

How do you gauge your weight loss?  Any exciting plans for when you accomplish those goals?     

No comments: