It's midweek here and I feel like I've been floating on a cloud since last week. What a glorious, incredible week it's been! And how timely that God chose last week to redeem my husband...as Friday is the first anniversary of my repentance and baptism. No longer an infant, I'm almost a toddler in Christ :) But now it's time to come back down to earth and get back to the secular and the mundane.
Next week is spring break for Isaac, so my goal is to start/finish spring cleaning this week. I figure if I tackle one to two rooms a day, I'll be finished by next week. It's one of those situations where I'm really quite thankful for a small house...smaller houses mean less cleaning. Unfortunately, our warm snap is coming to an end and the forecast is calling for snow and highs only in the 40's for the coming week. That means no throwing open the windows for fresh air.....and no using cleaners with toxic fumes that will be lingering for hours on end.
I've read very good things lately about using peroxide in lieu of bleach for household cleaning. Apparently, that's what hospitals and doctor's offices use as it's antiviral and antibacterial as well as not stinking to high Heaven. Supposedly, peroxide is extremely effective at removing soap scum, urine odors from the floor around the toilet, cleaning windows and mirrors, defunking counter tops, etc. I can't vouch for that statement as I've never tried peroxide for household cleaning, but I'm open to new less-toxic cleaners. So, with the exception of a heavy-duty iron removing cleaner, I think I'll try to use peroxide for my cleaning this year.
What is your favorite, less/non-toxic cleaner?
2 comments:
I have used peroxide for years. With my DD having allergies and asthma we can't use the chemicals and are very pleased with the peroxide. Chemicals are bad anyways. You can use peroxide for some many uses. But with my experience, don't use it on a green couch cushion. LOL
Interesting. I looked at the link and read about the dry stuff (easier to store). The oxy products are something I use to clean my stainless steel homebrewing equipment. There is a product called Powdered Brewery Wash that I used to use, but have switched to the oxy products.
Great stuff when you soak stuff in it - it "eats" crud in the nooks and crannies very well.
Post a Comment