Well, I had a whole rant worked out, about how I didn't eat an extra 7000 calories this week and that there's something dreadfully wrong with my scale. And yes, there was that whole throwing of the scale out the bathroom window ugliness a day or so ago. But I guess it wasn't that bad after all. I did have a gain but only 1.2 pounds.
Not too bad considering the amount of junk I baked/served/enjoyed last week.
I can deal with 1.2 pounds.
I keep a journal of my meals each day, along with a record of what's happening during the week; like if we eat out or host multiple birthday parties or exercise or sickness or whatever, so eventually I should be able to see patterns developing. And as much as you don't want to read about water retention and girlie stuff, there IS a definite pattern that most women follow cyclically. 5 weeks into the challenge, that pattern should start to reveal itself soon.
I have to believe that if New Years happened in April or May, it would be so much easier to keep our weight-related resolutions. It's hard to stay focused when you're cold, got the winter blahs and can't leave the house for days on end. When your body is craving steamy, cheesy casseroles and warm buttery bread...it's hard to eat salad and grilled chicken. The good news is that winter is more than halfway over, Buckeye Chuck didn't see his shadow, and there aren't too many parties in the foreseeable future. Just one and it's several weeks away. Hopefully now I can really buckle down and concentrate on the task at hand: losing the fluff!
6 comments:
Welll...the good news is...if it's a "girlie" thing - then the weight should drop off again pretty quickly...
Yeah, that's stuff I'd rather not post, but there's something to be said for transparency in blogging.
Ha! We're all in the same boat:) Have you looked into Chia seeds? Oh. my. word! It took 6 pounds off me and my husband in a week, when we put them in our green smoothies!
I use sprouting seeds...same thing as Chia seeds?
Sounds like you're on track. I always notice a least one extra pound "that week" too. I'm sure it will be gone and then some next week. And that little bit of gain is not so bad when you thwo in a couple parties.
This month may be bad for me. We have 4 family birthdays. Ugh! Say no to cake!
Hey Carla. Yes, I think I'm slowly getting back on track. A gift of cupcakes nearly waylaid me this weekend, but I resisted and only indulged in one sweet.
Good luck with the parties this month. August is our big party month: 2 aunts, 1 darling son and 1 grandpa celebrate birthdays within a 1 week period. Maybe when that time rolls around we can have one party and one cake?
Post a Comment