Saturday, January 15, 2011

Up And Running + A Lose The Fluff Update

Wooo!  Thank Goodness!  We're getting back to normal here! 

Our computer issue turned out to be really very minor.  Some little whatzit was broken, which blessedly, was an item the local computer shop kept in stock.  No waiting for a week for parts.  I think I would have come unhinged if I'd had to wait another week for a working computer.  But all is well now and it was a relatively inexpensive fix.

Now onto the Lose The Fluff update!  Things are going pretty well this week, although idle hands led to more snacking than usual. Meals this week included turkey Reubens, roasted pork loin with home-canned gooseberry sauce, and roasted chicken.  Dinners are no problem for me, but lunches are much more difficult.  It's difficult finding something warm and nourishing that's also quick and low in points.  Anyone else have that problem?

Anyway, this week I'm down 3.2 pounds for a total of 6.6 pounds!  Whoot!  It's coming off very quickly, leaving only 13.4 pounds to go. I expect the loss to slow down in the coming weeks, but this has been the boost I needed to get going and see it through.  I think it's the GenX/Immediate Gratification gene.

So, if you're taking the Lose The Fluff challenge, how are you doing?
  
 

11 comments:

jen_photography said...

Yeah!!!! GREAT work!!!! Well on your way to the 20 mark!!!!!

And thank goodness and God for an easy repair on the computer:)

suek said...

Excellente!

I'd expect closer to a 2.5 average per week, so I think you're doing _great_!!

Glad the computer problem was an easy fix, and not a "get a new computer" one.

Jan said...

great work!! I would love to learn more about the point system you are working off of. every where I have looked you need to pay to see what the foods are for the point value, am i missing something? thanks for helping.

Andrea said...

Jan, I'll email you :)

HossBoss said...

I am down another 4 pounds since Dec 31st, for a total weight loss of 36 pounds since June 10, 2010. I'm just over halfway to my goal now. It's starting to feel achievable!

: )

Andrea said...

OMG Woman! That's awesome! I love hearing success stories like yours! Keep up the great work!

Carla said...

Great job this week!

This was actually the first week for me. Down 3 pounds, woot, woot!

Andrea said...

Yay for you, Carla! I'm not feeling so confident for the Friday weigh-in. Of course, it's 3 days away and good things can still happen.

Jan said...

Okay Andie, thanks, I will let you know when I get it. I am trying to lose 50 pounds!

Andrea said...

Jan-did you get your email last night or did I mail it to the wrong person in my Nyquil-induced stupor?

Andrea said...

Note to self: No more emailing anyone late at night while under the influence of cold medicine.