I'm a day late and dollar short on the Seed Giveaway...foregiveness please! Anyway, my darling son picked the winners....Stacy and Mermaid! Email your addresses to me and I'll get your seed packets in the mail in the next few days.
That fun aside, we're having some major computer issues at home; blessedly, my mom lives within eye-shot and I can use her computer until ours is restored to it's usefullness. Posts will probably be few and far between until our tech issues are solved...just pray for a quick resolution!
5 comments:
What kind of problems??
Do you have a resident expert?
I'm not one...but any info I can offer ... if it will help... Probably not going to, but it sort of depends on what _kind_ of problems you're having...
Sorry about the computer problems! They are no fun. I'll be looking forward to your regular posting again. Any way I can help?
Thanks for the offers! We had a brief flickering of the lights a few nights ago and the computer went off...but never really came back on. It's running, the start up screen comes on, but it won't go any farther. Yes, we have a good friend that works on computers and a rider on our homeowners policy that covers electronics. And my father in law is lending us a laptop to use until the desktop is back and functioning.
I don't like laptops...it feels like my fingers are spider-dancing on the keys. Too many years of open-hand typing, I guess.
My son's stepdaughter's computer did something like yours - no electrical problems, though. He discovered that she had loaded _tons_ of music - the hard drive was something like 97% full. Seems to me that he reformatted the hard drive, and then it ran fine. I think - it's been a few years.
One of our work computers quit - turned out the hard drive had massive melt spots. Son says it has to do with how many times you over-write the drive. Saving stuff on one of the external hard drives is a good way to recover. I don't have all that much - my bookmarks are probably my most "valuable" things I'd like to save - so I use a thumb drive.
Don't know what you can do about power fluxes, though - that has to be a contributing factor, I think.
Computers - can't live with them, can't live without them these days!
Ummm...
Isn't today a weigh-in day???
I know you're having problems with the computer...hope the diet is still working for you...!
Post a Comment