Is it wrong that it's only Tuesday and already I'm dreading Friday/Saturday's weigh-in? This was a fun/busy weekend and as a rule fun/busy weekends don't lend themselves to great weigh-ins.
-Friday night we had Subway for dinner and although I made good choices, I had to guesstimate the points and I probably went over points.
-Saturday my BFF Aunt Suz came over for a cooking lesson and I baked a batch of Italian bread to compliment the chicken dinner. Big mistake. Fresh Italian bread is so, so good. Oh and Aunt Suz brought over the most amazing chocolate chip cookies ever! I controlled myself and only had one although I could have eaten 27 of them.
-Sunday we went over to see Jeff's parents and I made dinner for them; chicken parmesan with angel hair pasta and the remaining loaf of Italian bread. Again, I tried to use portion control, but hey, it's chicken parmesan, fried in olive oil and smothered in mozzerella and parmesan cheeses. I figure just looking at it cost me 4 points.
And the coming week probably won't be much easier. Saturday is Mara's 5th birthday party and she wants a big chocolate Barbie cake for her birthday. Plus her cousin Roni is coming down from Akron for a joint party as her birthday is on the same day (2/2) and her mom is bringing cupcakes. We'll be serving a lunch of coney dogs with homemade chili and cole slaw before hand. Not exactly diet-fare. I'm planning on a snack tray of fruits and veggies, but a coney is calling my name.
So this week, my goal is to not have a gain. If I can squeak by and not gain weight, I'll have met my goal. If I have a loss, no matter how small, it will be a victory of epic proportions.
If you're taking the Lose The Fluff Challenge, how do you deal with family functions and party foods?
3 comments:
At the present time...I'm not doing well at dealing with family functions and parties! However, I have lost 5.5 pounds in the past week, due to green smoothies! Congrats on your weight loss!
Hi Aleisha-
So good to hear from you! 5.5 pounds in a week is amazing! Congrats! I'm not sure there's anything we can do about noshing at family functions...other than enjoy ourselves and start anew the next day.
It's tough when there are parties and family events. I try to avoid them when I'm trying to lose weight. I'm not sure how else to deal with it other than shear will of the mind.
BTW.... Those descriptions of food right there make me feel like I'm gaining weight!!
Post a Comment