Friday, January 7, 2011

Lose The Fluff Update

It's been about a week since I issued the Lose The Fluff Challenge.

If you're playing along with me, how are you doing?

This week has gone fairly well for me.  Just getting back into a routine of thoughtful eating has been the most difficult part.  It's so easy to just grab a bite of whatever is handy without giving thought to whether I'm actually hungry or whether the food is beneficial in any way.  Breaking those habits are the most difficult steps for me, but keeping the fruit basket full and drinking extra water helps.  As does keeping the box of Esther Price Turtles out of eye-shot. 

We've had some delicious meals this week, and by "we" I mean all of us.  While I don't put the whole family on a diet, I also don't fix separate meals.  We've endured the roasted chicken, salmon patties, whole grain pasta and homemade chicken and rice soup as a family.  And without too many arguments :)  Thankfully, my husband and kids love good food and will load up on salad, home-canned fruit, steamed vegetables and homemade soups any day of the week. 

So, the good news:  I'm down 3.4 lbs this week.  I know some of that is water weight, not fat, but 3.4 lbs is 3.4 lbs and that keeps me motivated and brings me closer to my goal 

Just over 16 pounds to go.

If you're taking the challenge, how did you do this week?  Did you start small by drinking more water and cutting out the snacks?  Or did you go BIG and throw yourself into calorie counting and daily exercise?   I'd love to hear how your Healthy New Year is coming along!

2 comments:

suek said...

Hey...water takes up space...!!

Congrats! Good start. You're 15% of the way to your goal!

Carla said...

You're doing great. I agree, breaking the bad habits is the hardest part.
I guess I actually didn't start until yesterday. Trying to kick things off with the Special K challenge just to get a jump start. Also worked out with Jillian Michaels yesterday. My muscles are moaning today. :op