Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankfulness

T-2 days and counting til the big day! 

I'm so excited for Thanksgiving this year.  The meal is planned, the shopping (nearly) finished and the turkey is ready for brining.  The basement got a fresh scrubbing so the kids can romp around after the meal and do crafts with their cousin Roni.  And the best part: cool weather.  After highs near 70 this week, we have a cold front moving in tomorrow that's going to make things *feel* like Thanksgiving.  Not that I like cold weather, but you simply can't have Thanksgiving dinner in flip flops and a tank top.

And now on to the thankfulness!  I'm thankful for:

-My family, naturally.
-My health
-My home.

Those things are sort of gimmes.  But what I'm really thankful for:

-Thornless blackberries canes.
-Being ambidextrous.
-Having family in the farm market business.
-My church.
-Chocolate.
-Living on the Knobs.
-My daughter's wild spirit.
-My son's tender disposition.
-My BFF Suz and the ladies in my Lifegroup.
-Being able to see my mom's neighborhood from my front door.

And finally, most importantly:
-Salvation through Jesus! 

Thank you God for your son. 

Thank you for your blessings, your kindness, your mercy, your grace! 

All the Praise to You! 

What are you thankful for???

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Andrea! Praying this Thanksgiving is extra sweet and special for you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Hello Andrea,

Where I'm from it looks like we WILL be having to wear tank tops and flip-flops on Thanksgiving Day.
I, too am thankful for the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ and for family and loved ones. Even during these hard times we still have so much to be thankful for!

I enjoy your blog, keep up the good work and Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Marsha

chinasyndrome said...

Too much to list here!

Happy Thanksgiving!

China
III