![]() |
| Soap and Sundries: Nosey Goat |
I love goat milk soap! Let me just throw that out there from the start so you know where I stand. I became hooked on it about 3 years ago, and quickly discovered that it can be a costly addiction. At $5 or more per bar, it can be expensive to keep a family of 4 supplied with lovely, creamy goat milk soap and made stocking up nearly impossible.
Then I found Soaps and Sundries.
Soaps and Sundries is a Christian, family-run company based out of Pennsylvania that provides wholesale soaps at a fraction of the cost of retail. They use all natural ingredients, with no weird additives or unnecessary ingredients, resulting in an incredibly moisturizing soap. They produce their own milk from a small herd of "nanny goats of questionable breed" so there's no question about the quality of their ingredients.
I first did business with S&S about a year ago and have had nothing but positive experiences:
-They offer free shipping, no matter how much or how little you order.
-They ship very quickly which is very appealing to folk like me who place their order and then run to the front door to watch for the FedEx truck!
-Their products have been consistently high quality.
-They encourage feedback through their website.
-The prices are extremely reasonable. Check out the Wholesale/Economy Soap links for great prices.
I love the unscented 'economy' goat milk soap. It's available in quantities of 20, 50 or 100 and is so reasonably priced! You may be wondering what one would do with 50 bars of soap...but I have a plan. I'm going to make a pretty package out of some froo-froo scrapbook paper, tie it up with a bit of rafia and attach some dried herbs out of my garden for inexpensive Christmas gifts. What lady wouldn't enjoy a thoughtfully-packaged handmade bar of goat milk soap? And the unscented soap would be great for men too, who might shirk at the thought of using a girly-smelling soap.
Soap and Sundries also offers an entire line of specialty soaps, featuring herbs, essential oils and seasonal scents. While I've never tried them, I will admit that I'm craving the Rosemary Mint Shampoo bar and the Gingerbread soap. There's an Oatmeal and Honey soap for sensitive skin and most intriguing, a Coffee Scrub soap for 'grimy hands and kitchen odors'. That one fascinates me LOL.
Beyond their great products and prices, I love that I can support a small family-run business. Small businesses are the heart and soul of this country, and now that the economy is in shambles and Goliath corporations run the free market, it's more important than ever to support our neighbors in their endeavours. This year when you write your Christmas shopping list, make sure you remember small businesses like Soaps and Sundries---and tell them Andrea sent you!

No comments:
Post a Comment