The Mister just finished a summer college course all about mission statements and their impact on businesses. He was bored to death with the course, but brought home a lot of interesting information and some funny mission statements. My favorite was simply "World domination" but there were some other interesting ones too.
3M-"To solve unsolved problems innovatively"
Mary Kay Cosmetics-"To give unlimited opportunity to women."
Merck-"To preserve and improve human life."
Wal-Mart-"To give ordinary folk the chance to buy the same thing as rich people."
Walt Disney-"To make people happy."
Nike- "Crush Reebok."
This got me thinking about what my mission statement would be. There were a number of contenders in the running whilst I developed my own statement. Things like:
"To get through the day with my sanity intact and no new stains on the carpet."
and
"Because I'm the mommy. That's why."
and
"No matter how many times you ask, the answer is the same."
But eventually, I settled on
"Preparing my family for this life and the next, one baby step at a time."
So now I'm curious....what's your mission statement?
2 comments:
To live long enough to see the cockroaches in Washington D.C. get what they deserve (and hopefully help a little in giving it to them).
I have to think about it. I'll let you know...LOVE yours, though:)
Post a Comment