Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Out of Hibernation

After what seemed like an endless winter, there's a hint of spring in the air. Our temperatures soared into the low 50's yesterday, with an expected high of 57 today! We spent the afternoon yesterday outdoors and it felt like we'd awoken from a dream; a snowy, cold, windy, dreary dream. We saw the sun and it's beautiful yellow light, for the first time in months. The change of scenery, the fresh air and exercise was a wonderful experience for everyone!

The chicky-bits stretching their wings.


Mara shoveling snow.



Fun on the trampoline!






Isaac and Daddy having a snowball fight. A 55 degree snowball fight!








I love these unanticipated close-ups. He's such a handsome boy!







5 comments:

Pete Smith said...

Great photos and it looked like a fun time. Keep up your prepping and stand strong.

Unknown said...

So happy for you! I know the sun was very much needed. It has all shifted. We went from a mild winter with more rain than usual to several inches of snow today. Actually, the snow is normal for us, so I can't complain. But I was starting to get a touch of spring fever seeing the green pop up. I'll just have to wait.

Chief Instructor said...

We haven't been snowed in, but it's been raining and cloudy for a very long time here in the SF Bay Area. Actually got a bit of sun today.

In the summer, I'll be whining about the 105+ degree heat, but right now, I'd welcome it!

The Jaracz Family said...

That looked like so much fun!

Amy said...

We moved from Ohio to south Texas this past July.

I am so glad to find your blog. Helps me remember home. (I don't miss the snow!!)

Have a blessed day.