Not that I'm feeling sorry for myself, but the past 2 months have *very possibly* been 2 of the most difficult months of my life. If you've been following my blog, you'll remember some of our (ahem) fun times.
-August 10: Lightning strikes well, 2 weeks without running water, TV, VCR, DVD, Wii
-August 25: sent my firstborn off to school, sobbed uncontrollably, considered hard liquor
-Labor Day weekend: everyone catches a head cold
-October 8: Isaac contracts swine flu
-October 17: Mara contracts swine flu
All the while Jeff is working 70+ hours a week, leaving me in charge of yard work, canning, gardening, children, housework, errands and all that other happy crap. I'm tired. Tired in body, tired in spirit. Mainly tired in spirit.
So today, just as I began to feel like things were getting back to normal, the Universe throws me a curve and I realize the diamond solitaire is missing from my engagement ring. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I simply sat down in the middle of the kitchen floor and cried. Mara told me not to worry, I'd find it tomorrow. Isaac brought me a plastic ring from Mara's dress up trunk. Both were great comfort.
I don't know if I'm being tried. I don't know if the Universe has a sick, demented sense of humor. I don't know if God is testing my faith, or if this is simply a really crappy run of bad luck. All I know is this: apparently the Universe didn't count on me being a scrappy little chick, willing to dig through a vacuum canister full of dust and hair on the OFF CHANCE my diamond fell onto the carpet and got sucked up when I swept.
I found it.
Take that, Universe!
2 comments:
So now you look up and say "the worst is over" The rest of your year should be a walk in the park.
http://patriotsagainstthenwo.blogspot.com/
whew! I once found a lost earring like that! hang in there, at least this is all over before the holidays are here!
Post a Comment