Just thought I'd give you a quick update on Isaac and the swine flu. He is SO much improved, it's hard to believe he's even sick. The flu 'hit' Thursday morning around 2am and he had his first dose of Tamiflu by 8 Thursday evening. By Friday, his fever had dropped 3-4 degrees, his color was better and much of the fatigue was gone. This morning (Saturday), he woke up at the crack of dawn, picking fights with his sister and too busy playing to eat. His appetite is still off and he's a bit congested, but he seems to feel much better.
I'm attributing his quick recovery to a wowwy-zowwy immune system, early treatment with Tamiflu and the prayers of our friends and family. While I won't say he's out of the woods, he is so much better already. He'll be out of school on Monday, just to be safe, but all in all, he's making a wonderful, quick recovery. And so far, noone else is showing symptoms. Thank you, God! And thanks to all of you for remembering my little boy when you call home to God. It's so appreciated.
Best wishes,
Andrea
5 comments:
I hope none of the rest of the family get sick.
Good to hear!
Very good to hear. Our prayers are with you and your family.
So glad to hear he is better! What were the early symptoms that clued you in? We've had a nasty head cold in the last month, but at first I wasn't sure what it was. After a while I realized it wasn't the flu, but just curious so that IF IT DOES hit us, I'll know early enough to get some Tamiflu.
CC-
The first symptoms were vomiting, fatigue and a high fever. And they came on FAST. He went to bed Wednesday night feeling fine and woke up at 2am with a HIGH fever and vomiting. Then he napped for more than 4 hours the following day. Thankfully our pediatrician keeps evening hours so we could get him in Thursday night, once we saw that the symptoms were only getting worse as the day went on.
Post a Comment