Sunday, September 27, 2009

Quiet. Too Quiet.

I think I've got a case of the doldrums.

I'm not sad, really.

Not tired or bored.

Listless. That's what I am.

Merriam-Webster defines listlessness as "characterized by lack of interest, energy or spirit."

I think tomorrow Mara and I will stay in our jammies all day, watch old movies and eat junk food. Isn't that the best cure for a case of the doldrums?

3 comments:

Stacy McKenna said...

Those are the days I usually label with Springsteen's descriptor of "tired and bored with myself" - nothing sounds appealing or interesting. Enjoy your "day off"!!!

Unknown said...

A dear friend pointed out to me that every September I go through the same thing. It borders on a mild depression. I think I get this in late January or early February, too. A sort of Seasonal Affective Disorder due to the lack of light. But I also believe it is because we are 'in between seasons'. I'm mentally done with the one I'm in and longing for the next one. Can anyone relate?

Enjoy your day!

kathy said...

I get them every year. It usually followed by a cleaning frenzy. Maybe my body is storing up energy. I love to spend a day in my robe, reading murder mysteries and drinking tea. I also crave sweets and carbs like toast and honey.