Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Seed Giveaway!

Who loves free seeds???? How about a drawing????

I got ambitious yesterday and finally cleaned out the old seed stash, and now I have around 30 packages of seeds that need a friendly, loving home. Most of them are from the 07-09 growing seasons, kept cool, dark and dry so they should all be viable seeds. There are a few tomatoes, radishes, kales, beans, you name it. Some are commercial, many are homegrown and saved. Some are hybrid, most are not. Some packages are half-full, others have never been opened. It's a hodge-podge of possibility and I'd like to share it with someone!

So, lets say, if you want to be in the drawing for a box of vegetable and berry seeds, why don't you put your name in the comments section and next Wednesday, I'll have Isaac choose a name at random. The winner can email me their shipping address and in a few short days, receive a lovely little box of free seeds, courtesy of Chicky-Bit Run.

Good luck!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I would love some seeds. Just getting started with my first garden in Phoenix. Rachel

Stacy McKenna said...

Oo, oo!! Me, me! And I promise any I don't use will get shared with other local gardeners here in Los Angeles!

Jan said...

What a nice idea.Please count me into the drawing also. Thanks

Angela said...

Oh, how lovely. I just read your comment on Katy's blog about the food waste website, which I love. And now you're giving away seeds! I just started planting a few things this summer- herbs and tomatoes and a lemon tree- and had such success I want to try a lot more next year. I'd love to win seeds from Ohio (home of my favorite aunt and uncle and where my father was born!). Thanks.

The Jaracz Family said...

I have the same problem! I'm going to have a lot to swap late next winter. Thanks anyway.