It's been a crazy week here at the Run. Thankfully, mercifully, we have water! Woot! Woot! No more lugging water in from the pool or boiling water for dishes!
Isaac started Kindergarten on Wednesday, so it's a time for adjustment. HE loves it, I'M the one that came unglued. So now he's a big boy, riding the bus, carrying a book bag and being Mr. Independent. Sigh. He's getting so big so fast.
But now, on to the challenge.
Plant Something: Nope. Not this week.
Harvest Something: Tomatoes by the bushels, Lima beans, pumpkins, herbs and onions
Preserve Something: We're still preserving tomatoes here: drying them, saucing them, stewing them, freezing them. We also put up a few pounds of Lima beans, both for eating and for seed.
Eat the Food: I had the sheer joy of eating a dried Black Debarao tomato this week and OMG! They're so sweet, incredibly sweet!
Reduce Waste: Our water bottles and pails are filled and in storage once again, so no buying more water. As always, scraps go to the chickens and leftovers go in the boys' lunches.
Reuse/Repurpose/Reclaim: I lucked out and found a number of wool sweaters this week, which means that wool-felting and homemade mittens are just around the corner. Old sweaters make the best mittens ever!
Have Fun: This week was one of so many changes. Isaac is gone nearly 4 hours a day, so Mara and I spent a lot of time doing puzzles and games. We had a game night this week and played Uno Attack with house rules, which turned into a color/number matching game for the kids. We spent one evening playing backyard baseball; that is until Mom hit Isaac square in the belly with a line drive. Game over LOL.
1 comment:
Good work! As a veteran Kindergarten mom, I say it takes 2 weeks and you'll be used to it. But I had to endure full-day kindergarten, you're lucky with the half-day version!
Post a Comment