Another crazy week here at the run, but it would appear that there's an end in sight...our new well is dug and the pump/plumbing should be installed in the next 2-3 days.
Plant Something: Nope.
Harvest Food: Friday brought a 70lb. tomato harvest, and beans are still coming on in dribs and drabs. A few more days and we should have sunflowers as well.
Preserve the Food: This week I put up 20 more quarts of tomatoes; spicy tomato juice and more soup. I also canned peaches and green beans, and dried blueberries, bananas and tomatoes.
Eat the Food: We sampled the tomato soup this afternoon and it is delish!
Reduce Waste: This is a tough one; our lives have been so turned-upside-down the past 2 weeks that it's difficult to worry about waste. We're just trying to keep our heads above water (so to speak.)
Reuse/Repurpose/Reclaim: No incredibly clever entries here either; we've continued to refill water bottles at my mom's house instead of buying more bottled water, but that's the extent of things.
Have Fun: Saturday was Isaac's birthday and we had a birthday party at Mamaw C.'s house today...featuring homemade birthday cake, of course. How else could you possibly find a Hot Wheels cake with cool 3-D action????
2 comments:
70 lbs of tomatoes! That makes up for all the categories I think! You're preserving the food so well, I'd be completely overwhelmed.
All's well that ends well! Keep up the good work.
I don't even think I'm posting mine this week, I froze 6 meals worth of broccoli. That's about it!
Post a Comment