If you've never been, you simply must check your local listings for ReStore. ReStore is a used hardware store that benefits Habitat For Humanity, and it is one of the more interesting stores I've been to in a long time. It runs solely on donations...so that old bathtub you were going to throw out....they'd clean it up and resell it. Pile of bricks? They'll take it! It's a great way to dispose of usable items and do a bit for the community as well.
Our local store keeps weird hours, which is the only drawback, but the supplies it offers are amazing! Cabinet doors for a dollar, 2X4s for 1.25, mantel pieces for 20 dollars, border for .50 a roll. They also had sinks, light fixtures, cabinets, doors, storm windows and anything else you could imagine. Personally, I had my eye on some old wood pieces that were once part of a stair railing or maybe a balcony of some sort? I can see them worked into our basement remodel and fairly cheaply too! Definitely a neat place.
No comments:
Post a Comment