I've teased Jeff for a couple years that if Isaac didn't turn out to be a 250 lb. linebacker with excessive hair and a mean streak, I would demand a *Maternity* test to be sure that he is indeed my son. The men in my family run huge, so if Isaac grew into a 112 pound weakling, I'd tend to believe he was swapped at birth. Maybe misplaced at the hospital. But he is my son. I have my proof now.
Isaac loves U2.
We were driving to a friend's house to pick berries a couple days ago and Isaac asks me to turn on some music. Okay, sure.
"That 'sterious ways' song" he says.
"Repeat that" says I.
"You know mom. 'It's alright, it's alright, sterious ways,' " he says.
Mysterious Ways. He was asking to hear music from U2's "Achtung Baby" CD. My son, wanting classic U2, instead of freakin' Kidz Bop. I nearly cried tears of joy. My heart burst with pride. Based on his blond hair, blue eyes and flawless taste in music, I can say with 100% certainty "He IS my kid!".
No comments:
Post a Comment